An interview with Elisa Pupko, Founder, CEO and mother to two!
Treasure Trunk Theatre summertime camps run June 6th – September 9th in Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, Fort Greene, Park Slope, and Prospect Heights
We are energized that Elisa answered some good inquiries about her camp which is not just in the summer months folks–they have all forms of university crack camps and after faculty courses. She gives us some fantastic details right here about Treasure Trunk.
What impressed you to host a summertime camp?
Eight many years ago, I experienced been running Treasure Trunk classes for about a yr. I had been serving a small group of family members about Brooklyn, and they had been asking for a lot more and additional programming. It felt all-natural to transfer into summer camp programming, specifically about the summer where there were being limited selections for more youthful little ones. Because that first 12 months, we have grown exponentially. Previous summer time, we experienced our most important period still- serving more than 600 households. We appreciate bringing our method-based mostly theatrical programming, centered on celebrating each individual personal baby, to as numerous communities as achievable.
What sort of young ones go to your summer time camp?
Our camps are for every person! No matter if your little one enjoys the spotlight or is hesitant to soar in, there is a put for them at Treasure Trunk. We are all about the expertise of creativity, and meeting every youngster the place they are in a natural way. In the course of the working day – there are so lots of methods to accessibility the curriculum. Irrespective of whether it be by means of our team dance, artwork initiatives, performing out our story, or simply just enjoying enjoyable improv game titles with their peers. There is some thing for absolutely everyone to foster their appreciate of the arts!
How considerably of your camp is outdoors?
This summertime, we will be supplying a hybrid of indoor and outside camp choices. Final year, we were being totally outside so we are psyched to provide mother and father even far more choices with three indoor spots (our studio on Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn Brainery in Prospect Heights and Chickpeas in Park Slope) to accommodate everyone’s convenience stages. The camps held indoors will head outdoor for snack, lunch, and playground time – for the duration of the prolonged day portion of the afternoon. Our outside destinations: Cadman, Carroll Park, Fort Greene Park, and Prospect Park are fully outside just about every day at our stunning Brooklyn parks!
What are your enrollment/duration of camp solutions?
Our registration system is all about adaptability! I know that each individual loved ones has its possess logistical needs in a system, and I want to make guaranteed Treasure Trunk can make their lives less difficult, not far more challenging. We provide full week or one working day registration, as nicely as entire or half days, and optional early fall-off. Every little thing is a la carte when signing up, so you have the flexibility to make your perfect plan, regardless of whether which is comprehensive days for a complete 7 days, a handful of 50 % days for each 7 days, or a combine of the two!
What are the top rated 10 factors to show up at your camp this 12 months?
1. Exciting! – Our camps are jam-packed with functions to preserve your kiddos singing, dancing, socializing, laughing and imagining.
2. Social-Psychological Mastering – Our camps center the acknowledgement of emotion, and discovering the essential talent of empathetic link. As a result of storytelling and collaboration, kiddos will start to discover about their very own thoughts and the feelings of other folks around them.
3. Overall flexibility – Do you will need to get the job done about a specific timetable? We have tons of selections! Sign up for one days, total months, 50 percent times, full days, early fall offs,
or the full summertime!
4. Awesome Lecturers – Our camp counselors occur to us with comprehensive childcare knowledge, as properly as a track record in theatrical efficiency. They are enthusiastic, compassionate, talented and nurturing. We enjoy them, and we know you will too.
5. Smaller Enterprise Values – We are a compact, feminine-owned & launched, nearby organization. Regardless of what you will need, we are right here to assistance. You won’t have to weed by means of cell phone operators, or bewildering emails just to obtain an individual to communicate with. Our system director is pleased to talk with you about any concerns all over the camp course of action to be guaranteed you and your relatives are at ease.
6. Covid Protection – For the earlier two many years we have been closely following all health and protection tips with the nicely-staying of our local community our leading priority. Covid is nonetheless a quite current issue and this summertime we will continue to follow the DOH and CDC. Since laws still constantly improve, for our most up-to-day wellness and protection procedures, remember to pay a visit to our web page.
7. New Themes Every Week – We have selected a huge array of themes that our campers will be exploring this summertime. Each and every 7 days is a model new beloved topic that is guaranteed to spark your child’s curiosity. From superheroes to fairytales, Encanto, Frozen, Toy Tale and over and above!
8. All About The Method – We are system-oriented, not product or service-oriented in our strategy to the imaginative arts. This suggests that kiddos who might be a tiny anxious to soar into the spotlight have a blast with us! We are all about the experience of creativeness, and meeting just about every kid the place they are by natural means. All through the day – there are so many strategies to entry the curriculum. Whether or not it be by way of our group dance, artwork tasks, performing out our tale, or just playing enjoyable improv online games with their friends. There is a little something for every person to foster their really like of the arts!
9. Mixed Ages – Which signifies a lot more alternatives for relationship! We discover that obtaining our 3-6 calendar year olds all jointly and our 6-8 yr olds together is an amazing set up. Our more mature campers turn out to be job versions for our minimal kinds, and the youthful kinds love seeking up to our slightly more mature kiddos. The interactions are so meaningful and lengthy-long lasting.
10. For the reason that your boy or girl is so important to us. – As a mom, I know how significantly it indicates to me when a college, sitter or system treats my little ones like their very own. Listed here at Treasure Trunk, we are founded on that basic principle. Each and every youngster arrives to us with a special standpoint and spirit, and our precedence is to celebrate that fully.
Want to find out extra? Visit www.treasuretrunktheatre.com or signal up for a cost-free virtual facts session on April 5th at 10am and April 12th at 12pm. (Sponsored by Treasure Trunk Theatre)